Global Comparator Drug Sourcing
At CSM we commit to providing you a safer, more efficient way to secure your sourcing needs for comparator products in clinical trials. We do this by granting you access to our global network of manufacturer relationships, exclusive agreements, and audited third-party wholesalers and distributors.
Now that CSM is part of the Clinigen Group, we are able to successfully combine our own unique focus on clinical trial sourcing supplies with Clinigen’s market-leading comparator drug sourcing offering. With over 350 employees to date, our team is dedicated to supporting clinical trials across the US, UK, Europe, and Asia.
Working hand in hand with our clients, we offer bespoke customer service and provide the highest quality comparator drugs and ancillary supplies. In the last five years alone, we have sourced, and delivered, over 2.5 million units worldwide, including 7000-plus different products across 13,000 different orders.
When sourcing comparators and other commercial medicines, we offer:
- Smart sourcing strategies that keep your clinical trial spend within a budget
- Deep knowledge and established relationships across the manufacturer landscape, including over 50 innovator accounts
- Unrivaled access to medicines and ancillaries, working directly with a global network of manufacturers and audited third party suppliers
- Technical guidance and consultancy with support from our experts, including physicians, pharmacists, Qualified Persons, and the biggest regulatory team in the field
- A global depot and logistics network with local, regional, and central distribution capabilities shipping to over 130 countries. Whether your product is ambient, controlled room temperature, refrigerated or frozen our global footprint ensures the medicine gets to sites quickly, safely, in the right quantities and accurately labeled
- A bespoke IT platform designed for clinical supplies and including web-based inventory monitoring
A Strategic Approach to Comparator Drug Sourcing
Clinigen and CSM take a strategic approach to comparator sourcing for clinical trial supplies. We work with sponsors during study design in order to provide comprehensive market assessments that identify the suitable comparator products, co-medications, and ancillary supplies for clinical trials.
We have twenty-plus years of experience and expertise in clinical trial supplies solutions to fully support the needs of your global clinical trials. The CSM team has managed the clinical supply chain for over 700 global trials and comparator studies.
Overall, we have designed a clinical trial sourcing, packaging, and distribution strategy that reduces waste and is cost-effective and utilizes our global depot network to ensure that comparator products in clinical trials are always on hand.
Building Successful Comparator Drug Sourcing Relationships
What success factors are involved in making comparator drug sourcing relationships work? At CSM, you work with a team that is committed to your deadlines. We are locally-based, so you have a single point of contact committed to your study. Our Account Managers have extensive experience working with organizations of all shapes and sizes and are driven to devise tailored solutions for your clinical trial needs.
What’s more, our direct relationships with suppliers allow us to deliver quotes within 48 hours, and we provide an open analysis of the best sourcing options; whether that be Direct, Indirect, Hybrid, or Central, Regional, or Local.
Our deep knowledge of the products we are sourcing and the clinical and/or commercial supply chains required further allows us to provide clients with a strategic and advisory approach. We are committed to providing you with the best tools for successful outcomes and cost-efficiency: by planning the necessary support for the lifetime of the trial, you can avoid shortages as well as wastage.
"I want to extend my deepest appreciation for the support and help that you have lent me on our Phase III project. Thank you for taking the time to promptly assist me with my many urgent requests. Without your help and timely guidance, I would not have been able to meet my study's timeline."
Sr. Clinical Data Manager, Pharmaceutical Company