BIOMEDICAL SAMPLE MANAGEMENT
As a pioneer in the market, CSM has over 16 years of experience in the management of biomedical samples. We serve clients in academia, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology and central laboratory.
Our services include:
The design and assembly of sample collection kits
In addition to the design and assembly of kits, CSM offers:
- Implementation of a kit strategy specific to the protocol properties, including sending kits per patient or per visit
- Design and implementation of documentation, including laboratory manuals, laminated sheets, requisition forms, resupply forms, labels and logistics documents
- Creation of shipping kits containing preprinted air transport letters and shipping documents
The coordination of the logistics of biomedical sample collection
In light of the constant increase in the volume of biomedical samples collected during clinical trials, CSM now offers logistics strategy to optimize both the costs and the required quality of the necessary services.
CSM acts as a broker to coordinate collection services. Depending on the properties of the trial, CSM may select and coordinate one or more transport providers for the same trial (integrated and specialist delivery services) while remaining the sole point of contact. This allows CSM to offer solutions that meet the client's needs exactly.
Biomedical sample storage services
CSM offers services ranging from short- and long-term storage of the biomedical samples collected during a clinical trial to the management of a client's biorepository. Biorepository services include storage infrastructure, flow management, and location and data information management.
At our biomedical sample storage facilities, we use LTSS (Long Term Storage System), a proprietary information tool for storing and managing biomedical samples. We can provide storage of human or animal biomedical samples to meet good laboratory practice (GLP). We can handle samples:
- At a variety of temperatures
- Ambient (15-25°C)
- – 20°C
- – 80°C
- – 190°C (liquid nitrogen – dry phase)
- Of blood, plasma, urine, feces, tissues, serum, biopsies, cell cultures, paraffin blocks, DNA and other substances
- In all types of tubes, individually, by cryo-box or in bulk
>> Learn more about Biomedical Sample Management